Growing up, I loved dyeing Easter eggs. Between my sister and I, we dipped and decorated at least a dozen eggs each. Luckily, my family liked eating hard boiled eggs, because as a child — I did not.
Deviled eggs are a classic party food, and for good reason. They are inexpensive to make and are sure to be a crowd please. After a little experimentation, came up with a twist on the classic, using Greek yogurt and some of my favorite spices. I love the combination of turmeric, coriander, and cayenne pepper — the flavors are both vibrant and warm.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each peeled egg in half lengthwise, then carefully remove the yolk with a spoon.
- In a bowl, combine the yolks with all remaining ingredients. Mash together and mix well with a fork until smooth. (If the mixture is not smooth, add a little more olive oil or Greek yogurt.)
- Spoon the mixture into a zip-top bag, then snip off one corner of the bag with scissors.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the hollowed egg whites.
- Sprinkle each egg with some black pepper. Enjoy!